Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ads

Advertising as I see it is not very strong. I am not one to fall into the traps of advertisers. A tall beautiful skinny girl is not going to persuade me to go buy a pair of shoes or perfume. Advertisers do a great job at catching peoples’ eyes though. I think that advertisers try too hard to reach out to the audience. They can sometimes be offensive or make us feel as if we are not pretty enough or skinny enough.  I hate how alcohol and cigarette ads, two things that are not good for your health, always have ads with very attractive healthy looking people in them.  It is like they are trying to tell us that if we drink that beer or smoke this brand of cigarettes we will look and feel like the people in their ads. That to me is wrong and very deceiving. I know that advertisers are only doing their jobs to sell their products but sometimes it gets a little over board. Personally I think that awareness ads are the best out of all of them. They bring out the truth in products such as cigarettes and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment